MMS Gateway - MessageMedia
The MessageMedia MMS Gateway currently delivers MMS messages internationally. You can use the following methods for attaching media files to your outgoing messages:
- Public URL: simply enter the publicly accessible URL for each media file that you wish to send. You would typically upload the file (jpeg, png etc) to a server and determine the URL to that file and enter this into the URL field when sending an MMS message.
You can get further information on supported media files and limitations here:
You can get incoming messages/replies to your MessageMedia number into the fmMMS file in 2 ways:
- Manually Download Incoming Messages
- Use Webhooks to have MessageMedia push these automatically to fmMMS
Using Webhooks is the preferred method as it saves you from having to poll/check for any new messages - with Webhooks new messages are forward to fmMMS automatically by MessageMedia as they are received.
Manual Download Incoming Messages
You can download incoming messages manually via the Account Details screen. Simply click the Get Incoming Messages button:
Any incoming messages to your MessageMedia number that have not been previously downloaded will then be downloaded, including any media attachments. You could also setup a FileMaker Server script schedule to have this run on a scheduled basis (e.g.every hour) to save you from having to manually download/check for new messages.
MessageMedia Webhooks Setup
To receive incoming MMS messages to your MessageMedia number, including replies to previously sent messages, you will need to use the supplied WebhooksIncomingMessages.php webhook file to act as the webhook receiver. See our Webhooks guide for what you need to do host the WebhooksIncomingMessages.php file on your chosen web server. Once you have the publicly accessible URL for this file you can enter this into your MessageMedia account settings as follows:
- login to your MessageMedia account via their website
- click on Configuration in the left hand menu then select Webhooks
- Click on the New Webhook button
- in the Event menu select MMS and set the HTTP method to POST
- enter the URL in the URL field
- in the Content section add parameters for all the MMS options. Use the MessageMedia WebhooksIncomingMessages.php file as a guide to how to name the parameter keys. For example the Destination Address ($destinationAddress) parameter should have the key name set as "destination_number"
- click Add to save your Webhook