fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) v2 Trial Version
- it's limited for 14 days
- it's locked but won't stop you from using all the functionality
- it requires WooCommerce 3.5 or later
- you will not be able to import data from the trial version into the version that you purchase
- the Webhooks files are not included with the trial version
- you'll need to setup the API Keys (see below for details)
The download is a .zip file – please make sure you unzip/extract the .zip file first before opening the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) file. On Windows this can be done by right clicking the .zip file and select "Extract All". On the Macintosh you can simply double click the .zip file to unzip the file (if it was not unzipped automatically after it was downloaded).
Getting Started with the Trial Version
Setting up your WooCommerce site to allow access from the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) file only takes a few minutes – you need to complete the following steps:
- enable the WooCommerce REST API
- ensure WordPress Permalinks are turned on
- generate the WooCommerce API Keys
- copy/paste the keys into the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) Setup screen
You can follow the instructions on the WooCommerce site for enabling the REST API, turning on Wordpress Permalinks and generating the API keys – this should only take a few minutes. We have a short video demonstrating the setup of the WooCommerce API keys – check out the videos page to view this video.
Once you’ve created your API keys you open the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) file and click the SETUP navigation button at the top of the screen which takes you to the WooCommerce Preferences screen where you can enter the HTTPS URL to your WooCommerce website and also the keys that you have generated
Website: enter the HTTPS URL to your WooCommerce website
Consumer Key: enter the Consumer Key you generated on your WooCommerce API Setup
Consumer Secret: enter the Consumer Secret you generated on your WooCommerce API Setup
You are now ready to test that you can authenticate and communicate with the WooCommerce API running on your website. A quick way to test this is to download some configuration data from your WooCommerce site such as Tax Rates and Tax Classes. Click on the Tax Rates TAB and then click the Import All Tax Rates button. If it is successful it will download any Tax Rates records from WooCommerce into the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) file:
If there was an error downloading data or communicating with the WooCommerce API you will get an error message with some details and you can then consult the Last API Call Result field for further details.
Once you are able to download data successfully from WooCommerce you can download the remaining setup data, including:
- Store Setup: Tax Rates, Tax Classes, Payment Gateways, Shipping Methods, Shipping Zones, Shipping Zone Locations and Shipping Zone Methods
- Products Setup: Attributes, Terms, Categories, Shipping Classes and Tags
- Product Variations
Once you have been able to successfully download Tax Rates etc you could then try creating a Customer and Coupon in the fmEcommerce Link (WooCommerce Edition) solution file and pushing that to the WooCommerce API. If successful you can then login to your WooCommerce website and confirm all the FileMaker data has come across correctly.
You can also watch this short video below that demonstrates how to setup the WooCommerce API Keys:
If you have any questions or need assistance getting started with the trial version please contact us for further assistance.